At Little Gems Country Dining, we work hard to improve the services we provide to you every day. Taking care of your personal data is an important factor in this. We would like you to rest assured that the data you choose to share with us is safe and secure, by being transparent and helping you understand how we use it to offer you a better and more personalised experience. For this reason, we have written this policy just for you!
What does this policy cover:
The data controller referred to in this policy as “we” or “us” is Little Gems Country Dining (Frontline Inns L.T.D) (the management team and owners of The Old Queens Head in Penn, The Swan Inn MK Village, The Swan Inn Denham Village, The Chequers Houghton Conquest and The Park Pub & Kitchen in Bedford)
This policy outlines:
The kind of data we collect
How and why we collect your data and how we use it
The organisations we work with and how we protect your data
Your rights and choices when it comes to your personal data
1.The kind of data we collect
- 1.1 When you choose to register for our mailing clubs, sign up to our loyalty clubs, we may collect:
- Your personal details, including your postal, billing addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, date of birth
- Information relating to your membership of any of our clubs, including a special anniversary, preferences or interests
- Details from the emails and other digital communications we send to you that you open, including any links in them that you click on
1.2 When you reserve a table with us online through Res Diary, EPO or purchase vouchers from our online shop (woocommerce) we may collect:
- Information about your online purchases (for example, what you have bought/ pre-ordered, when and where you bought it, how much you have paid or left as a deposit)
- Information about your online browsing behaviour on our Websites, including when you click on one of our adverts and those shown on other organisations’ websites
- Your account login and confirmation details including your name, email address, contact number, personal preferences for your visit, a name or a password that you have chosen for EPO (Easy Pre-order)
1.3 When you browse our websites, we may collect and or monitor:
- Information about any devices you have used to access our Services (including the make, model and operating system, IP address, browser type, mobile device identifiers)
- Pages you have visited on our websites, including clicks to make bookings and links to social media
1.4: Personal data you may provide when contacting us about our services:
- Personal data you might provide when making enquiries, answering questionnaires, providing feedback, or posting details when you contact us or speak to us through our social media platforms, e.g. your name and contact details
- Your feedback and contributions to customer surveys and questionnaires
2 How & Why we collect and use your data
We need to process your personal data so that we can manage, iterate and improve on the services you require (such as reservations or information about our company) give you access to
our customer loyalty rewards, offers, and promotions and assist you with any orders and refunds
you may ask for.
We use your data in the following ways:
2.1 To make our services available to you
- Process your reservations, online gift voucher purchases and where necessary provide refunds
- Manage the accounts you hold with us, including your reservations, your loyalty points, mailing list treats throughout the year
2.2 Manage and improve our day-to-day operations
We aim to make your experience as user-friendly as possible so we employ cookies and similar
technologies such as ‘tagging” on our Websites, reservations systems and email clubs to help
improve this for you.
What are Cookies? They are small data files that allow a website to collect and store a range of data on your desktop computer, laptop or mobile device.
Why do we use them? Cookies allow us to provide important features and functionality on our Websites.
They help us:
- Remember your preferences when you visit us online
- Understand how well our sites are functioning and raise any errors that you may encounter when browsing
- Deliver you relevant content on our website, through our marketing platforms and communications (online and off)
- Measure the effectiveness of our marketing communications i.e. email club, social media and online advertising platform
To find out more about how cookies work, your rights and how to manage them please visit our cookies policy for more detailed information.
2.3 Make your experience more personal
Analysing your online browsing behaviour, in-house and online reservations, purchases and response to our marketing communications helps us better meet your needs as a customer.
We aim to provide you with relevant marketing communications (including by email, post or online advertising), that represent your interests related to the products and services we offer. To do this, we measure your response and the effectiveness of our market communications and online channels (i.e marketing through res diary, EPO, social media platforms, email club hosted by fishbowl.)
Our customers are under no obligation to sign up to our marketing communications when you make a reservation with us and can change their marketing preferences by unsubscribing (clicking the link at the bottom of our emails) for free at any point. The choice is always yours.
2.4 Contact and interact with our customers
- Contact you and provide assistance regarding our services, for example by phone, email or post or by responding to social media posts that you have directed at us
- Manage promotions and competitions you take part in, including those we run with our suppliers and online service providers (i.e Fishbowl, EPO, Res Diary)
3. The organisations we work with & how we protect your data
First and foremost, as a company we promise never sell or buy data and we are committed to ensuring that any personal data you share with us is safeguarded.
3.1 Service Providers
As a company, we work with carefully selected Service Providers that provide us with certain functions that allow us to meet your needs as a customer.
- If you choose to sign up to our mailing lists, Fishbowl marketing are our email service provider. Through this medium, we will send you relevant offers and news about our products and services but only if you have previously agreed to receive these marketing communications. You can unsubscribe to our lists at any point and for free by clicking on the unsubscribe button on your emails.
- EPO and Res Diary provide us with our online booking functionality, pre-ordering system and help us grow our database by providing you with the free option to choose whether you would like to hear more from us through our marketing communications. You are under no obligations to opt in and should you wish to do so may unsubscribe at any point. EPO and Res Diary are committed to helping safeguard your data.
- If you purchase vouchers from our website, to you will be redirected to PayPal who do not share your card details with us. They provide us with your email address and name to ensure your order is processed.
Please note: Whilst we aim to protect your data to the best of our knowledge and belief, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the internet to us.
3.2 Sharing your personal data
There are a number of reasons and circumstances where we may be obliged share your personal data:
• If we are requested to do so by the law or public authority
• In the instance of establishing, exercising or defending our legal rights, including providing personal data to others for the purposes of the prevention of fraud and/or reducing credit risk
• Should we enter into negotiations about the sale or transfer our any of our businesses to another organisation or any of our rights or obligations under any agreement we may have with you. In the instance of a sale, the organisation receiving your personal data will be able to use your personal data in the same way as us
• Passing on this information to successors in title to our business.
3.3 Keeping your data safe
As a company we understand the importance of keeping your data secure and are committed to doing so by employing the following processes:
- We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
- We have technological safeguards in place to ensure that data is protected: i.e firewalls, data encryption to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site
- We are PCI compliant with regards to holding your credit and debit card information for payments made on site
- We enforce physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal data. We may occasionally ask for proof of identity before we share your personal data with you.
- Access to your information is only authorised to employees who require it to perform their jobs.
- We cleanse our databases regularly.
- When necessary we reserve the rights to update this policy to ensure that it complies with data protection laws and fulfils its purpose. When we do, we will revise the updated date at the bottom of this page. We encourage Users to frequently check this page for any changes to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect.
4. Your Rights
As a company, we aim for transparency and openness regarding to access to your personal data and uphold your rights to amend this at any time. If you are concerned that any of the details we hold on you are inaccurate, please contact us and we will be happy to change them.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have the right to see the personal data we hold about you. This is referred to as a Subject Access request.
Should you wish to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you, please write to:
Upstairs at The Swan Inn
Milton Keynes Village
Alternatively, you can email our appointed Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
We want to make sure that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and up to date. If any of the details are incorrect, please let us know and we will amend them for free and at any point.